Sunday, January 11, 2015

Introduction

So it begins. Another journey throughout the semester, although I must say this is the first experience I’ve had with creating a personal blog. Let me introduce myself. My name is Brooke Taylor. In my free time, I enjoy relaxation, centered around Netflix. I’m from a small town no one has ever heard of called Macclenny. It’s right outside of Jacksonville, FL, so to save myself the explanation I usually just tell people that I’m from Jacksonville. However, I’ve always had family in Gainesville so moving here I wasn’t necessarily new to the area. I’m currently a junior, majoring in Criminology. I’ve decided to additionally get a minor in Business Administration. I’m under the impression that you can’t go wrong with that (also I want to drag out my four years here). Ultimately, my goal is to attend law school, although I’m not yet decided about which particular aspect I want to focus on within the study of law. I’ve decided to take this course for two reasons. Primarily because I do need another elective towards my major and it so conveniently fit my schedule. But more so than that, “Alcohol, Drugs and Society” is just an appealing name for a class. It grabbed my attention and here we are. As far as my experience with drugs go, I’m actually quite limited. I went to a small town high school in which smoking marijuana and underage drinking wasn’t uncommon. Nonetheless, I’ve never been a huge advocate of recreational marijuana use. Plenty of my closest friends in high school smoked, it was just never my thing. Other than that, I’m really looking forward to learning about drugs and the impact and significance they have on society. Good luck to everyone this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment